As someone who only started blogging a few weeks ago I never thought that people would be reading my blog, let alone following it and listening to what I have to say! So, being nominated for anything is very flattering and makes me want to blog even more! I am proud to say that I have been nominated for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award by another Aimee (I swear we’re everywhere) The Peachy Queen. She was one of the first blogs I ever followed on this site and she does not disappoint! She is constantly updating with makeup reviews, tips on makeup and fashion, PLUS she just became a guest writer for OOTD! Check out her first post HERE. Thank you Aimee!
I am going to pass on the nomination to some of the blogs I have discovered in my short time here, and all I ask is that you follow the rules below!
1. Thank the person who nominated you and add their link to your blog.
2. List the award rules so your nominees will know what to do.
3. State 7 things about yourself.
4. Nominate other bloggers.
5. Contact your nominees and provide a link to your post.
6. Display the award logo (button) on your blog, whether on your sidebar or about page, or special award page.
All of the ladies I’m nominating are amazing! Some are just starting out and some have been blogging for a while! They all talk about health, fitness, makeup and more! So, head to their pages and give them a follow!
Seven Things About Me
1. I have an undergraduate degree in Kinesiology and Health Sciences and a post graduate degree in Sport and Event Marketing. Pretty much opposite ends of the spectrum! For the longest time I wanted to be a physiotherapist but after some exploration of the field I decided it wasn’t for me. Now I am happy employed as an Event Coordinator and am proud to say I’ve found my calling!
2. I like to consider myself somewhat of a philanthropist. I have always said that in a perfect world I would work my butt off for a number of years in order to be able to change to part time work and dedicate the rest of my time to charities. With my job we do a lot of management of fundraising events which allows me to marry two things I love!
3. I played competitive hockey up until two years ago. As a Canadian it is sort of a right of passage! Hockey is one of the loves of my life and I miss it every day. I’m even thinking of getting back into it competitively next year! I also played basketball, volleyball, rugby and danced growing up.
4. I am a part of a VERY tall family. I am the second shortest member at 5’11”. My mom is the little one at 5’8″, my sister is a tiny bit taller than me, my brother is 6’2″ and my dad is 6’5″. Being tall is both a blessing and a curse. For one, try finding jeans that are long enough, but on the other hand floor seats at concerts are a breeze.
5. I am OBSESSED with my puppy Chloe. My INSTAGRAM is filled with photos of her. Sleeping, playing, doing nothing, I just think she is the cutest little thing. My life revolves around being at home to wrestle, cuddle and play with her. In fact, we’re playing fetch as I write this post!
6. For some reason I am in love with London, England. I have never been, I haven’t been anywhere close actually, but I love it. Maybe it’s the architecture, the accents, the allure of being in a foreign country, or the fashion, I have been dreaming about going there for years. I have books I’ve bought myself, books people have bought me knowing my obsession, an entire pintrest board dedicated to it, and, I’m embarrassed to say, I sometimes speak in an English accent. A HORRIBLE English accent…
7. Books. I LOVE BOOKS. I have a bookcase filled with them, stacked in front of each other, on top of each other and in piles on the floor. When I finally decide to renovate my room I want to do something really cool with them, whether it’s a unique shelving unit or a full wall of shelves I don’t know. I tried reading on a Kobo for a while because it was cost efficient but I just didn’t like it. Plus I want to have a full library room one day…
So, now that you all know a little bit more of me I would love to hear from you! To those I nominated – I look forward to seeing your post! To those I didn’t tag please send me a link to your blogs so I can check you out!